This is a locally recruited mid-level management position and is subject to travel 35% of the time or greater, often on short notice and frequently to hostile and unstable locations.
The Regional Director, Corporate Security is a well-rounded security professional who reports to the Deputy Head, Corporate Security. The Regional Director is responsible for specific RFE/RL regions/countries, as assigned by the Corporate Security Office and conducts periodic physical security surveys and assessments and develops, implements and maintains all corporate security emergency & crisis response management plans as they relate to regions/countries under their responsibility. The Regional Director’s duties require travel to RFE/RL regional bureaus and offices to assist with completing security surveys, risk assessments, and other assignments. The Regional Director supervises the Security staff.
- Provides oversight of and direct management of all security functions/requirements for specific regions/countries within the RFE/RL area of operations. The Regions/countries assigned can change at the direction of the Head of Corporate Security.
- Remain aware of all pertinent security issues/concerns within their area of responsibility. Identify for the Head of Corporate Security all security issues/concerns that could impact RFE/RL personnel and or facilities.
- During crisis, assist with developing decision points, evacuation plans, and advising RFE/RL personnel within the affected region/country. Assist with managing the crisis and coordinating crisis response with relevant RFE/RL offices and personnel.
- Supervises other members of the Corporate Security team as assigned by the Head of Corporate Security. Responsible for their daily operations and management and completing performance evaluations as required by RFE/RL company policy.
- Provides oversight and direction to contract security personnel at locations outside of Prague, as directed and assigned. This includes reviewing guard orders and requirements and investigating incidents involving contract guard personnel.
- Under the guidance of the Deputy Head, Corporate Security, serves as a security consultant to directors, managers, and to individual staff members regarding their security needs. This requires in-person meetings with staff in-order-to ascertain on a timely basis their security needs and any security issues that may impact their personal security and that of the organization.
- Manages Security Activities and assigned Security Incidents in the Security Incident Tracking System (SITS) database.
- Reviews and assesses the security posture of operations in their Corporate Security responsibility by conducting comprehensive risk analyses and threat assessments based on external and internal sources, prepares written reports of such, and briefs the Head of Corporate Security and Deputy Head, Corporate Security on the results.
- Develops, implements, and maintains emergency & crisis response management plans for all RFE/RL facilities under their corporate security responsibility.
- Assists the Head of Corp. Security with security incident investigations within their area of responsibility and Prague, as directed.
- Assist the Head of Corporate Security with liaison between RFE/RL and the law enforcement agencies of the Czech Republic.
- Assist and guide RFE/RL employees and their family members in matters - other than Visa issuance - that require interactions with the Czech Police at the Federal Police and Municipal Police levels.
- Assists with monitoring the daily operations and performance of the contract security guard force at the Hagibor Office Building under the terms and conditions of the guard contract.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited U. S. or European Union university.
At least three (3) years of verifiable experience working in law enforcement, corporate security or with an organization where a part of the duties involved management-level security related duties.
- The ability to successfully pass periodic background investigations.
- Have a general and articulable understanding of personnel and physical security best practices and guidelines, and an understanding of how to implement such security practices and guidelines into organization / company operations.
- Have a strong knowledge of current international issues, coupled with the ability to identify security risks that might develop from these issues and impact the security of RFE/RL operations.
- Possess a broad-based general knowledge of communications security, security hardware, alarm and video surveillance systems, electronic security issues and safeguards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to and advise employees from a variety of cultures and locations on sensitive security matters.
- Must be able to influence others and collaborate with all levels of personnel in each component of the organization.
- Must be able to write clear, concise, and detailed reports in Czech and English.
English and Czech languages (Proficient), mandatory.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.