We are looking to recruit a Head of Office who will act as the legal representative of RFE/RL in Lithuania. Reporting to an assigned Regional Director, you will take management responsibility for the operations of RFE/RL’s office within the allocated budget and in line with RFE/RL strategy for the teams working from the office. You will actively represent RFE/RL in the community and build awareness of, and identification with, RFE/RL’s mission. You will also ensure rapid compliance with all corporate directives related to security, strategy, contingency plans, and new tools and workflows.
- Acts as the legal representative of RFE/RL in Lithuania.
- Manages the day-to-day business and financial operations of the office in accordance with applicable legislation. Oversees administrative staff working in the office.
- Makes sure that all RFE/RL teams working from the office have the necessary support to successfully work from the office.
- Takes the lead in creating a supportive environment, encouraging initiative, participation, and open communication among the RFE/RL teams working from the office.
- Communicates with office personnel promptly and accurately on all corporate initiatives.
- Consults and coordinates with the Bureau Accountant to ensure continuous mutual support.
- Ensures that all office personnel comply with IT and personnel security protocols. Drafts and prepares to execute security-related contingency planning in conjunction with Security.
- Reports and responds to all the relevant departments in Prague, such as Administration, Central Property Office, Human Resources, Operations, Corporate Strategy, and others, in a timely and suitable manner.
- Acts as an ambassador for RFE/RL in the local political and media environment to enhance RFE/RL's good reputation and standing. Maintains constructive professional relationships with other media organizations, NGOs, and relevant local and national officials. Monitors and reports references to RFE/RL in the local media.
- Stays abreast of relevant local legislation and ensures that the office meets all local and national financial obligations, properly procures goods and services, and remains in good standing with all suppliers.
- Negotiates leases and liaises with the landlord(s) and local service contracts and coordinates closely with Regional Finance Office and Legal Dept. in regard to contracts and services.
· Master’s degree in international relations or related field.
· Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in LITHUANIA as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure 10+ years (Mandatory)
· Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment or experience living and working abroad. (Mandatory)
· Team management experience 2-5 years (Mandatory)
· Organization and planning skills at a managerial level.
· Demonstrated ability to manage a team, and to motivate others towards the achievement of common goals, while managing limited resources in an efficient manner.
· Strategic planning.
· Demonstrated strong commitment to journalist integrity and objectivity.
· Strong ability to establish contacts, network and foster key relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict, and to work with and through others in a collaborative fashion.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Dependability, accuracy, attention to detail & ability to work under pressure.
· Interpersonal and communication skills, including discretion.
· Ability to work in a team.
· End-user knowledge of MS Office applications.
· Presentation skills.
· LITHUANIAN proficient
· English proficient
· Russian desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.