RFE/RL is currently seeking a Journalist for its Russian language web site for the North Caucasus. The candidates are to be fluent in the Russian language, an ability to read and understand other languages spoken in the North Caucasus is very helpful. They come from North Caucasus with a deep knowledge of the region.
The candidates will have journalistic experience, preferably working for a web site. We are looking for journalists – web writers, able to produce original stories, as well as multimedia journalists for video and photo gallery production who are also capable of aggregating the content from other sources. We are also searching for editors and social media experts who have proven ability to promote our content through social media and engage with its audience.
- Professional fluency in the Russian language and a working knowledge of English. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage;
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills with broad knowledge of political, economic, and social structures of North Caucasus and surrounding regions, as well as strong general knowledge of international affairs;
- Active user of social media and new technologies daily;
- Proven ability / journalism experience to write and edit stories for web resources;
- Able to effectively use all RFE/RL content management system options - capable of posting and editing text and photos, making photo galleries, posting and editing videos, program scheduling, and mastering Internet TV;
- Commitment to journalistic integrity and objectivity;
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams;
- Must be open to feedback and on-going self-development.