Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is seeking talented candidates for the position of Social Media Video Producer for Persian audience for our Iranian Service, Radio Farda. Each week, Radio Farda delivers uncensored news to 9 million people in Iran on radio, television, and the Internet.
The Social Media Video Producer is responsible for identifying and producing social media and share-worthy video content and will act as the point of contact on social media video content and discovery. S/he will produce content by picking up trending video on Persian language social media and through enterprise discovery - finding those things that haven't yet been widely discovered and giving them editorial light. S/he will also be responsible for shooting videos made for social media and for live consumption. The SM Producer will produce content both for the website and for direct distribution on social platforms. S/he will also keep the team updated throughout the day on trending topics and other potential stories discovered through social. To qualify for this position, candidates must have native level of Persian language and proficient knowledge of English is strongly desired.
- Produces video content specifically geared for social media use across platforms.
- Produces original content in Persian both for the website and for native sharing on social media.
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
- Produces high quality social media videos for various platforms
- Has excellent visual design skills
- Mines the web for news leads and develops news stories.
- Works with web-ready news and feature content mixing traditional story-forms with digital and social-centric reporting.
- Keeps social media team and Radio Farda team updated throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
- Works with Persian language web editors to promote original RFE/RL content across social media.
- Advises social media editor on planning for social and digital coverage.
- Higher education in communications or journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience.
- Knowledge of social monitoring platforms like Tweetdeck, Topsy and Storyful.
- Strong news judgment is required.
- Excellent video editing skills
- Mastery of visual storytelling technique
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions
- Persian (Native level), mandatory
- English language (Proficient), strongly desired
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.