We are looking for a skilful Multimedia Technician. In this position you will support a variety of TV and video productions, including LIVE. You will also operate digital video/audio electronic equipment, record and edit video and content/feeds. You will work closely with clients, support multimedia field production, TV and video studio operations. This position involves working over public holidays, weekend, as well as shift work. Working knowledge of English language is mandatory, Persian language is knowledge is preferred.
Main Responsibilities of this position:
- Perform the duties of video switcher operator: edits video and TV programs live as they are being transmitted or recorded; works with the Director to visually create the program;
- Operate television equipment to record, edit, mix and prepare material for broadcast;
- Ensure quality presentation of vision and other video effects in the production of live and pre-recorded programs;
- Operate TV studio control room;
- Edit news and feature videos for the Multimedia department, the services’ websites, and services’ TV broadcasts;
- Manage music, subtitles, graphics, and effects for video projects;
- Operate cameras in the TV studio and in field reporting;
- Act as an audio engineer for video and radio broadcasts and web programs;
- Set up lighting for studio and field productions;
- Specialized education in audio-visual arts and/or specialized training in the operation of television broadcasting equipment;
- At least 2 years of experience in working in a live television and radio control room and digital editing;
- Operate video, audio and lighting equipment for live or studio/remote location shoots, and video playback of pre-recorded programs;
- Knowledge of television production requirements and television production process;
- Knowledge of vision mixing software and equipment;
- Ability to communicate with people effectively and work within a team;
- English language (Proficient), mandatory;
- Persian language knowledge, preferred;
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.