We are looking for TV Line Producer. The TV Line Producer is responsible for bringing the show to air. He creates and monitors the progress of show completion. Constructs and manages the rundown in real time and makes sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the management’s satisfaction. Farsi as the first language is required, English language proficiency mandatory.
- BA degree in communications film studies or journalism or relevant experience (minimum 2 years).
- Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation including line and field production methods as well as studio-based live video production.
- Must have worked with newsroom MAM systems, Octopus preferred.
- Must have understanding of control room operations during a live newscast as well as an understanding of principles of camera, audio and switcher equipment (e.g.TriCaster 850 or 8000).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate ways to visually showcase high-impact stories.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- A proactive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Farsi as a first language.
- English language fluent proficiency, desirable.
Main responsibilities of position
- Is responsible for bringing the show on air according to the rundown, through directing from the control room and communicating with the host and other members of the team in real time.
- Assists the team with producing the rundown of the show.
- Assists the team with video editing and production of footage for news segments.
- Responsible to stay on top of news and events.
- Participates in TV news production as needed to support news team ensuring all elements in the rundown are ready for air, gathers news content from all available news services of RFE/RL.
- Works closely with the Editor-in-Chief and the Executive Producer to make sure video and graphics are ready for daily air. Together with the Executive Producer, determines script changes and checks teleprompter pace according to the moderator/host/anchor’s talent’s or needs.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.