Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty is looking for experienced and skillful Broadcast Journalists. In this position, you will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver a wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (primarily TV and Radio).
- Creates original content on a wide variety of topics from bulletins and dispatches to features and analyses for TV and radio. Produces and edits video and audio packages and reports, conducts live and pre-recorded interviews for radio and TV, presents news bulletins, hosts and outputs radio and TV shows as required.
- Works as a field correspondent and reporter on assignment, moderates, shoot photos and video as required, coordinates other staff, sound and camera crews as necessary, takes responsibility to provide and publish content for the website and social media upon instruction.
- Produces live, recorded and online content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment, and/or directs specialists or other involved staff if assigned.
- Adapts and curates TV, radio, online content for various social media platforms. Moderates comments and UGCs and communicates with social media users, builds up newsgathering networks on various platforms.
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to Iran and the region. Briefs himself/herself on the latest news and issues prior to starting a work day.
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material, under the supervision of assigned editors.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- Expected to explore innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience.
- Takes part, as required, in programs by local media and develops contacts for both journalistic work and RFE/RL reputation.
- Ability to produce content including news stories, features, analysis and videos for Radio Farda’s English web page is preferred.
- Minimum experience of 5 years of broadcast journalism.
- Education in Journalism or related field BC - Bachelor degree (Mandatory)
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in Iran as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Sound editorial judgment
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks and technologies as required.
- Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
- Reliably translates current affairs texts from English into Farsi.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside own team
- Farsi language Native level
- English language Working Knowledge
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.