If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
Our Radio Farda’s Social Media Team is seeking a Prague-based intern for assistance with Radio Farda’s Social Media projects. The intern will assist with creating and posting of content on Farda Social Media platforms. The internship will last for 3 months. Days per week are flexible and depend on the agreement with the mentor and the students’ schedule.
You will learn:
- about the work of the Radio Farda’s Social Media Team,
- about digital marketing and news gatekeeping,
- how to create content for Social Media,
- how to communicate with target audience and how to use storytelling to capture readers’ attention,
- and improve your video editing skills.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- Understanding of Iranian socio-political situation.
- Education and/or experience in media and journalism is highly appreciated.
- Fluent Farsi and English.
- Basic knowledge of video editing and graphic design is an advantage.
- Computer skills (preferably: Microsoft Office and/or Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, After Effect, 3D Max).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and to work in team.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.