Reporting to assigned supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for web writing and editorial requirements of Radio Farda English web products and coordination of coverage of breaking news. A commitment to journalistic impartiality is a given and should guide editors from start to finish.
- Maintains the Farda English language website.
- Posts clean and compelling content to the Radio Farda English website based on Radio Farda Persian content.
- Augments text with photos, video, social media embeds and background material.
- Edits materials posted on the language service website and is responsible for editorial content of own work as well as that of other contributors. Ensures that news stories are accurate and written according to RFE/RL’s standards, following company procedures.
- Updates the language service website in a timely and professional manner, is responsible for consistently meeting all deadlines.
- Coordinates coverage with contributors
- In addition to web production, web editors are encouraged to pitch ideas and expected to take on writing assignments, as needed.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the Radio Farda editor-in-chief and the director of Radio Farda.
- Journalism or related field (BA – Bachelors Degree )
- Combination of education or experience
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure., mandatory
- Previous journalism experience required, including work in a fast-paced organization with tight deadlines (at least 5 years)
- Online Journalism, Online writing
- Relevant software knowledge
- Web editing
- Copy-editing skills
- In addition to working regular shifts it is expected to be available during important, breaking news events
- Persian, native level, mandatory
- English language, near native proficiency, strongly desired
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on an international basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.