We are looking a Video Editor to join RFE/RL’s newly created Russian Investigative Unit based in Riga. You will support the social media video production of the newly created Russian Investigative Unit. You assemble recorded footage into a finished project that is high quality and suitable for broadcasting. Working together with investigative journalists on the team, you will brings sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive news story for maximum impact of an investigation or a special report.
• Edits raw video in a seamless style that enhances a story's impact and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
• Quickly grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
• Assembles rough video edits with logical sequencing based on drafts of scripts from producers.
• Smoothly inputs music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
• Ensures sound levels for videos are within acceptable ranges and transition smoothly between sequences.
• Continuously discovers and implements new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
• Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
• Creates flawless final cuts.
• Higher education or certificate in film studies, a related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
• At least 6 months of experience in non-linear video editing for a news- oriented media organization
• At least 6 months of experience with digital technology and editing software packages.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop).
• A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate and tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure and to use images and sound to achieve the vision of the investigative team.
• Sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
• Broad knowledge of international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in Russia and neighboring countries.
• Creative mind and storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
• A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
• Russian language (Mandatory)
• English language (Desirable)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.