If you want to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so you would acquire direct practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid, we offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute toward new and exciting media projects,
Our News Division- Romania/Moldova Team is seeking bright interns for its’ Prague operation for one month with the possibility to extend. Ideally, we are seeking candidates studying in Prague. Expected attendance would be 4 hours per working day.
The goals of the internship will be to provide practical training within the Romania Team in which interns will gain a deeper understanding of working with photo and video archives, and with a variety of selected databases of photos from Romanian and International photo databases from news agencies, including rare archival photos and film clips.
You will learn:
- to work with selected photo/video databases.
- to archive and organize photos/videos from Romania.
- to create appropriate description and tag selected material.
- understand the start-up process of the team
- the different stages and step-by-step processes of team functioning: from generating ideas to execution of a final product.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- Strong knowledge of Romanian history and geography, especially from the 20th century.
- Strong orientation to details.
- High proficiency in written and oral English
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Interest in media industry.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs of RFE/RL’s broadcast region.
- Ability to work in team.
- Previous experience with photo/video databases, desirable.
- Good understanding of the Romanian language, desirable but not required.