We are looking for a Senior Digital Editor to join the Radio Svoboda’s Digital team based in Kyiv. You will act as the Digital Chief Editor deputy and assist the Chief in implementing the team’s goals and objectives. You will be responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly planning, and the content in the service’s social media team. You will also provide editorial oversight of content produced by the team, ensuring that all content meets RFE/RL editorial standards. You will guide content production by picking up trends on Ukrainian/Russian language social media and through enterprise discovery - finding those things that haven't yet been widely discovered and giving them editorial light. You will produce content both for the website and for direct distribution on social platforms. You will also keep the team updated throughout the day on trending topics and other potential stories discovered through social.
- Management: Coordinates assignments and edits work of the service’s digital team. Trains new staff and performs other related duties associated with day to day operational requirements.
- Provides oversight of content produced by social media and digital teams.
- Supervises social media editors on planning for social and digital coverage
- Leads digital team’s coordination with the Pangea team, ensuring that web products meet highest industry standards.
- Directs and plans graphic projects.
- Produces content specifically geared for social media use across platforms.
- Produces original content in Ukrainian/Russian both for the websites and for native sharing on social media.
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
- Mines the web for news leads and develops news stories.
- Works with web-ready news and feature content mixing traditional story-forms with digital and social-centric reporting.
- Keeps social media team and the service team updated throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
- Works with web editors to promote original RFE/RL content across social media.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Higher education or Bachelor degree in communication, journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience.
- 6+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- Substantial editorial experience in international media.
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Working knowledge of social monitoring platforms.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.,
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
- Ukrainian language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.