We are looking for a Senior Planning Producer to report to Chief Editor, News and Current Affairs. Working closely with Managing Editor and Executive Producers, you will coordinate news content production across the Ukrainian Service news programs and plan the logistics for live coverage of breaking news. You will work closely with the Ukrainian Service Digital team and other relevant RFE/RL departments to coordinate the production and delivery of visual news content that is on time, relevant to the RFE/RL mission, and conforming to RFE/RL’s Professional Code.
- Supervises planning producers.
- Works with Chief Editor, News and Current Affairs and Chief Digital Editor to ensure maximum cooperation of field crews with Digital, both in terms of daily news and long-term special projects.
- Works with Broadcast Operations to ensure the most efficient use of technical capabilities and resources.
- Is responsible for coordination of news content production across the service’s news shows. Liaises with Executive Producers, correspondents, and field bureaus to plan news coverage.
- Gathers information for and issues daily Morning Agenda.
- Assists in compiling weekly Program Highlights.
- Plans logistics and technical support for live coverage of breaking news events. Coordinates requests for coverage from different shows, as well as coverage offers from correspondents and field bureaus.
- Works with Chief Editor, News and Current Affairs and Chief Digital Editor to plan promotion campaign for upcoming special reports, interviews, journalistic investigations, commissioned and acquired documentaries and docuseries.
- Works with Guest Producer, helps arrange, produce, and promote high-profile materials.
- Coordinates with RFE/RL language services to obtain video files, transcripts, and translations.
- Shares content with RFE/RL’s Multimedia department and other RFE/RL language services, as well as other USAGM entities as needed.
- Understands RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines.
- Looks far ahead on the calendar for coverage opportunities. Presents coverage possibilities to Executive Producers and Chief Editor, News and Current Affairs. Contributes ideas for discussion at the daily editorial meeting and the weekly look-ahead meeting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University education in communication or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working in a 24/7 news gathering operation.
- Extensive coordination experience in video news production.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions.
- Familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Consistently pitches original ideas and meets or beats deadlines.
- Evidence of creative handling of subjects in content and in form in own work and on any platform.
- Able to manage assigned staff. Able to provide extended coaching and on-going mentoring to junior staff when required.
- Takes responsibility for own professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside own team.
- Has a good understanding of the challenges facing Current Time and contributes to strategic thinking and plans.
- Proficiency in English
- Ukrainian language at native level
- Other broadcast region languages desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.