We are looking for a Bureau Broadcast Engineer to report to Chief Bureau Broadcast Engineer and coordinate Engineering activities with the Bureau Chief/Service Director, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with maintenance of multimedia equipment, including its day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting, user support and MM data backups, as well as for the bureau basic facility infrastructure.
- Provides full technological support to the Language Service, and is familiar with its content. The support may include overtime and late shift work, and discussing / agreeing on daily priorities between News and Technology.
- Installing, testing, operating and maintaining hardware, electric power supply and HVAC in the Bureau.
- Ensures high availability of all ENG (Electronic News Gathering) equipment by maintaining and operating digital and analog multi-media equipment such as studio consoles, recorders, NLE’s (Non-Linear Editors) such as digital audio & video workstations, still and video cameras, and other equipment, to ensure that programs are of a high audio and visual quality.
- Performs local User Support/Help Desk functions.
- Makes sure the Prague TOC (Technical Operations Center) is informed of the operational status of the bureau on a regular basis, reports technical deficiencies and problems in a timely manner.
- Ensures successful implementation and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and all safety regulations, and uses Industry Best Practices when performing duties and tasks assigned.
- Observes and reports on the status of electrical systems (properly wired, well-grounded, no exposed cables, burn marks, etc), backup power systems such as a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) and generator, structural integrity (identify and report water leaks, cracks in the foundation or walls/ceilings, roof, etc), and any other bureau infrastructure issue that may arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his superiors.
- Completed secondary (high school) education.
- Specialized training in maintaining modern radio/TV equipment (or equivalent professional experience).
- Certification of formal education and/or proof of equivalent professional experience.
- Two years minimum required.
- Experience with maintaining digital and analog ENG (Electronic News Gathering) equipment.
- Skill set and experience to be able to maintain IT systems (hardware & software).
- Basic knowledge of multi-camera studio workflow, as well as a basic understanding of TV prompters and intercom systems technology workflow.
- Basic knowledge of live streaming solutions (software and hardware).
- Basic experience with networking techniques.
- Basic knowledge of power systems, including UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supplies) and backup power generation equipment.
- Broadcasting/multimedia engineering & production.
- Working speaking, reading, and writing ability in English in addition to a broadcast language.
- Russian language ability when relevant.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.