We are looking for a Kyiv-based Line Producer to be responsible for preparing and bringing the show to air. You will create and monitor the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Hosts/Anchors and Executive/Senior Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock. You will make sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction and point out daily show issues in post-mortem meetings coordinating with entire team to ensure high standards.
- Responsible for bringing the show to air. During the broadcast informs Executive/Senior Producer of what’s coming up and makes snap decisions on floating and killing stories.
- Constructs and manages the rundown before the show and in real time as needed. Consults with Executive/Senior Producer about breaking news and about changes to the rundown with regard to chyrons (lower-third graphics), scripts, and videos. Makes sure that all technical details of the show are in the rundown to the director’s satisfaction.
- Initiates and carefully selects the video sequence for each video segment. At each stage, analyzes the materials prepared for the air, and each program in its entirety, order to suggests ways to improve it. Responsible for all videos and graphics that are prepared for each program. Distributes tasks to video editors and monitors their performance.
- Creates and monitors the progress of show completion via the elements in the rundown, working with the Anchors and Executive/Senior Producer to select stories, tease elements for upcoming segments and manage the program clock.
- Communicates clearly and directly with Anchors and Executive/Senior Producer, liaise with technical and location staff.
- Deals with all incoming video ingest issues and is responsible for video storage. Makes sure video and graphics are in the Tricaster and ready for daily air.
- Participates in research and content gathering from news agencies and RFE/RL’s language services.
- Edits raw videos if required, and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Provides preparation of guests speakers make it to air, taking responsibility for arranging logistics with producers and other departments where needed, selects and prepares video and photo materials for these segments. During the air, contacts the guests, controls segments with them, keeping in touch with Executive/Senior Producer.
- Performs related duties as needed. Writing and edits news copy and scripts as needed, ensuring all elements in the rundown are ready for air. May act as a substitute for other comparable roles, e.g. video editor, teleprompter operator
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate BA degree (in communications or journalism preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience working in journalism/editorial/TV production role with the responsibility for newsroom systems operation, televisions production, including live streaming from the field.
- Demonstrated sound editorial judgment.
- Working knowledge of the relevant broadcast region.
- Strong video editing and writing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be organized and pro-active with strong leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated creative ability to enterprise, innovate, conceptualize and implement ideas.
- Demonstrated proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills-- a team player with ability to work effectively with individuals within and across teams.
- Must be open to feedback and on-going self-development.
- Ukrainian language, proficient level, mandatory.
- Russian language, proficient level, mandatory.
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.