We are looking for a Kyiv-based Community Editor to be responsible for making RFE/RL’s audiences an integral part of its production cycle so that they can contribute, that their voices are heard and amplified, and that their needs are met. You will oversee YouTube workflow to encourage viewers to interact with each other — and RFE/RL journalists — across platforms.
You will follow all the platform analytics, provide creative headlines and video previews, and build a YouTube community by engaging viewers with posts, polls, stories. You will also grow editorial knowledge about YouTube and its key indicators through regular engagement with RFE/RL editors, reporters, and producers. Also, the potential candidate must be able to replace video editors and YouTube managers when needed.
- You make sure the public can contribute and advance our reporting by soliciting their experience, expertise and evidence.
- You maintain RFE/RL community on YouTube on a daily basis.
- You proactively look for editorially relevant conversations that could advance our reporting and make sure that it is part of these conversations.
- You follow content performance and adjusting its distributing if needed.
- You will be regularly reviewing and proactively sharing performance metrics on YouTube for regular reviews and projects.
- You will be looking for the latest trends in audience engagement and, in coordination with colleagues, experiment with new forms of audience engagement on YouTube.
- If requested, you work on daily or weekend multimedia shifts, distributing video and pictures on RFE/Rl’s platforms.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
- Strong news judgment.
- Deep understanding of video consumption on YouTube.
- Experience in obtaining and verifying information and UGC (User Generated Content) shared from the community.
- Team-based work ethic.
- Understanding YouTube ranking metrics.
- Excellent videos’ headline and descriptions writing.
- Background in YouTube trends and market evaluation.
- Perfect video editing experience.
- Ukrainian language - proficient level.
- English language - proficient level.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.