If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
Our Communications & Public Affairs department is seeking an intern for cooperation to assist with daily communications tasks and some special projects related to the ongoing Moscow bureau crisis in Russia. The intern will learn, and contribute to, work in a fast-paced, extremely diverse communications & public affairs operation, working on a wide range of media and foreign affairs issues on multiple platforms. The internship will last from 6 to 8 weeks (minimum), but the period can be extended. Days per week are flexible and depend on the agreement with the mentor and the students’ schedule, however the intern is expected to dedicate at least 20 hours per week to the internship.
You will learn:
- about the work of the Communication & Public Affairs department.
- how to produce Social Media content.
- about outreach campaigns and products.
- how to prepare and organize virtual events related to the Russia crisis.
- how to manage social distribution of news footage videos related to the Russia crisis.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student (upper-division) or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- An educational background and/or experience in communications, journalism or another related field.
- Native-level English fluency.
- Fluency in Russian is an advantage.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
- Excellent communications and policy skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and to work independently.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on an international basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.