We are looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to join our Current Time TV Channel team. You will work closely with the Executive Producers and Senior Producers to create daily news broadcast graphics, video packages and other elements for TV, web and mobile platforms. You will also mentor and train junior graphics designer staff when required.
- Develops the overall look and feel of TV shows, including wall treatments, promo production, graphic teases, video promos, and the presentation of social media.
- Works with producers to visualize and create graphic elements for video packages.
- Understands and applies RFE/RL’s code of journalistic conduct and editorial guidelines. Stays on top of news and events in the region.
- Mentors and trains junior graphics designers in standard and new techniques of static and motion graphics design.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate BA degree or certificate in Fine Arts or Design but not required if candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a motion graphics designer.
- Must be familiar with 2D and 3D graphic design packages such as Maya, Cinema 3D, Photoshop, In Design and After Effects to create multimedia designs and graphic concepts in liaison with animators/motion graphics specialists, programmers, writers, multimedia specialists and video editors.
- Ability to edit with Adobe Premier software.
- Ability to operate a DSLR camera for still and video recording to create promos and show elements.
- Ability and to deliver product under short deadlines and demonstrate that s/he is results oriented.
- Ability to stay on top of the news and events in the region.
- Flexibility to change work flow and operational plan as news and deadlines dictate.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships.
- Russian language, proficient level required
- English language, intermediate level required
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.