We are looking for a Video Editor to join our Current Time TV production team. You will assemble recorded footage into a finished project that is high quality and suitable for broadcasting. Working together with executive producers, senior producers, multimedia producers and journalists in our bureaus the goal is to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive news story. This is 24/7 Russian-language television channel and your flexibility to work different shifts including night shifts and weekends is essential.
- Edits raw video in a seamless style that enhances a story's impact and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Quickly grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Assembles rough video edits with logical sequencing based on drafts of scripts from producers.
- Smoothly inputs music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
- Ensures sound levels for videos are within acceptable ranges and transition smoothly between sequences.
- Continuously discovers and implements new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Gathers video content from services at RFE/RL and VOA and pushes Current Time content out to other services.
- Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
- Creates flawless final cuts.
- Higher education or certificate in film studies, a related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- At least 6 months of experience in non-linear video editing for a news- oriented media organization
- At least 6 months of experience with digital technology and editing software packages.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop).
- Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation, desirable.
- A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate and tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Experience in studio-based live video production, including camera operation, audio board, and switcher (TriCaster 850 or 8000), desirable.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision.
- Sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- Broad knowledge of international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
- Russian language at native level, mandatory
- English language at proficiency level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.