Current Time is a 24/7 international Russian-language television and digital network broadcasting in more than 20 countries, led by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in cooperation with Voice of America. We are looking for a Correspondent who will also serve as a back-up Anchor for our new morning news program based in Kyiv. You will initiate, prepare, produce, and deliver wide variety of journalistic material on multiple platforms (TV, online, social media) as assigned, relevant to the Channel's target audience and to RFE/RL mission, adhering to and striving to exceed RFE/RL content quality standards.
The job requires working an early morning shift from 2:30 till 10:30.
- Creates original content on a wide variety of topics and issues, from pieces to camera and short packages to features and analyses.
- Works as field correspondent and reporter on assignment, determining focus of reports.
- Conducts interviews in the studio or in the field. When able to draw on specialist knowledge, be ready to be interviewed or provide expertise as required.
- Moderates, delivers live, blogs, records, contributes, inputs online, shoots video and photos as required, coordinates other staff, sound and camera crews as necessary.
- Produces live or recorded content, as appropriate, using the available techniques, operates relevant technologies, tools and computer equipment, and/or directs specialists or other involved staff if assigned.
- Reacts to breaking news developments and is ready to report live (with both scripted and ad libitum commentary) or produce recorded pieces at short notice. Ready to work on weekends and outside hours if required by the breaking news developments.
- Maintains up–to–date familiarity with political, economic, and social developments in and related to Ukraine. Briefs himself/herself on latest news and issues prior to starting work day.
- Researches material and, exercising editorial judgment, selects reliable information from a varied range of reputable sources.
- Keeps deadlines and strives to meet or exceed RFE/RL standards for the quality of the output.
- Adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards at all times and takes editorial responsibility for all own material.
- Actively participates in program feedback sessions.
- Is expected to regularly suggest viable coverage ideas and to contribute to program planning.
- Explores innovative angles for coverage, ensuring relevance for the audience and to serve as an example for best practice journalism.
- Serves as a back-up anchor for the news program.
- Undergraduate BA degree in communications (journalism desirable), or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience as a field TV reporter and working in comparable journalism/editorial/TV production role in a news media organization.
- At least 2 years of experience working as an anchor, moderator, TV host
- Good familiarity with political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as with regional and international affairs.
- Ability to provide basic coaching to junior staff when required.
- Able to effectively use all RFE/RL content management system options - capable of posting and editing text and photos, making photo galleries, posting videos, program scheduling, and of basic Internet TV operation.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside own team.
- Has an understanding or RFE/RL mission and broadcast area targets.
- Intermediate level of English. Reliably translates current affairs texts from English into native language.
- Possesses comprehensive content creation skills and requires minimal editing and editorial supervision. Has developed a network of original sources and cultivated one or more specific beats, in addition to being capable of all-round reporting and writing.
- Proven abilities in multiple platforms and media, good knowledge of other media and platforms.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development both in terms of challenging assignments and in training.
- Sound editorial judgment. Ability to edit work of others and to take responsibility for an output segment.
- Willingness and ability to learn and to work with audio and video equipment, word processing tools, information research tools and new technologies and media platforms as well as to acquire or enhance the knowledge of journalistic practices relevant to the assignment.
- Russian language, proficient level, mandatory
- Ukrainian language, proficient level, mandatory
- English language, intermediate level, mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.