We are looking for a Senior Social Media Producer to join the Current Time digital team. You will be responsible for working with the social media leads in Central Asian services to identify and produce social media and share-worthy content that appears both in the languages of the services and as a final product for Current Time’s social media channels. As the senior producer you will also provide editorial oversight of content produced by the team, ensuring that all content meets RFE/RL editorial standards. You will guide content production by picking up trends on Russian language social media and through enterprise discovery - finding those things that haven't yet been widely discovered and giving them editorial light. You will produce and edit content both for the website and for direct distribution on social platforms. You will also keep the team updated throughout the day on trending topics and other potential stories discovered through social.
- Provides oversight of content produced by social media team
- Produces content specifically geared for social media use across platforms (Twitter, Facebook, VKontakte, Instagram, Reddit).
- Produces original content in Russian both for the website and for native sharing on social media.
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
- Mines the web for news leads and develops news stories.
- Works with web-ready news and feature content mixing traditional story-forms with digital and social-centric reporting.
- Keeps social media team and Current Time team updated throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
- Works with Russian language web editors to promote original RFE/RL content across social media.
- Advises social media editor on planning for social and digital coverage.
- Higher education or Bachelor degree in communication, journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience.
- Knowledge of social monitoring platforms like Tweetdeck, Topsy and Storyful
- Strong news judgment is required.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
- Russian language at native level, mandatory
- English language at proficiency level, desirable