The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial activities of the organization. Reporting to the President and CEO, the CFO works with the heads of other RFE/RL departments to develop and implement sound financial strategies in support of the organization’s strategic priorities. The incumbent evaluates and advises on short- and long-range planning as well as new strategic directives. S/he oversees cash flow and management, financial assets, and retirement investments. The incumbent is responsible for the integrity of RFE/RL financial accounting and reporting. His/her performance should demonstrate strategic vision, commitment to RFE/RL’s mission and an understanding of its complex operations across the company’s coverage region. The CFO manages the heads of the Finance Division’s functional areas, including Budget, Comptroller/DC Finance, Compliance, Prague Finance, Procurement, and Washington DC Office Services.
- Directs all aspects of Finance, Accounting, Budget, Procurement, and Audit, Risk & Compliance functions of the organization and evaluates their performance.
- Oversees cash, cash-flow planning, availability of funds, investments, and asset management.
- Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of new programs/strategies.
- Implements operational best practices.
- Ensures that RFE/RL is in compliance with federal and state corporate regulatory requirements and RFE/RL’s grant requirements and conditions.
- Ensures timely and accurate financial, budgetary and management reporting to the President and other senior executives, RFE/RL’s Board of Directors, the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) and its staff, Congress, and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
- Represents RFE/RL to the BBG, OMB and other stakeholders.
- Participates in the Benefits Committee which is charged with overseeing the funding, financial performance and compliance of employee and retiree benefit programs.
- Advises from a financial perspective on any contracts into which RFE/RL may enter.
- Coordinates as necessary with the BBG and RFE/RL General Counsel, Comptroller, and Chief Audit, Risk & Compliance Officer on a wide variety of matters, including but not limited to financial reports, audits, and board meetings.
- Is responsible for Finance Division personnel matters in cooperation with Human Resources. This includes hiring, discipline, performance reviews and bonuses, salary increases, terminations, training and other matters involving staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and/or CPA or equivalent education, training and/or work experience.
- Work Experience:
- Ten plus years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles required, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of approximately $50 million or above and with grant management.
- Five or more years’ experience working in an environment regulated by United States accounting, procurement and financial rules.
- Experience working at the CFO level for five or more years preferred.
- Experience working with enterprise finance and accounting software systems.
- Experience working with a highly diverse and international population preferred.
- Team player with experience in senior financial leadership role partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at overseas locations essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make timely decisions.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Uniform Guidance of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget preferred.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a D.C. basis only. Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of Washington D.C., or be willing to relocate. If selected for a D.C.-based position from another part of the United States, RFE/RL would cover the costs of interview travel and relocation upon appointment. RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include locality pay for employees based in Washington D.C.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovìdí na tento inzerát èi zasláním Vašeho životopisu a pøípadných dalších osobních materiálù do spoleènosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajù dle zákona è. 101/2000 Sb., o ochranì osobních údaju. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálnì však po dobu 5 let.