Reporting to Director of Procurement, the Lease Procurement Specialist participates in procurements from moderate to high risk with particular attention to be paid to Leased Assets. He/she must ensure compliance with Part 200 of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principal and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards. Procurement activity may be non-routine and require development of specialized contract vehicles and techniques to accomplish business goals and objectives; it generally involves independent judgment and analysis of significant issue identification and resolution. The Lease Procurement Specialist applies Part 200 of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principal and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, requirements and RFE/RL policies, procedures and practices to the business situation and performs as a resource for advice, counsel and guidance on procurement matters. Significant coordination is required with organizational elements within RFE/RL and among outside entities seeking or doing business with RFE/RL.
- 1. Conducts “cradle to grave” procurement from small purchases to lease contracts involving negotiations on price, terms and conditions. Assignments include:
- - initial planning, through assisting technical staff in describing procurement requirements in terms of specifications or Statements of Work,
- - market research,
- - proposal evaluation,
- - compete procurement as required,
- - negotiations,
- - procurement award,
- - cost or price analysis and monitoring,
- - performance assessment,
- - problem resolution and
- - close-out.
- 2. Maintains lease agreements and charts, working with the Prague Accounting staff to ensure the proper requisitioning, payments, close-out, and return of all leased assets.
- 3. Works closely with the Contracts and Competitions Office to ensure compliance with our lease agreements and to maintain a positive relationship with Leasing Companies.
- 4. Maintains procurement files such that the contractor basis of selection is clearly evident and substantiated; provide justification if there is a lack of competition, provide cost and price analysis, incorporates applicable US statues, ensure the procurement instrument is complete and sound agreement and the best interest of RFE/RL’s in the expenditure of federal funds.
- 5. Performs a variety of technical roles as required. Participates in meetings as an expert buyer. As needed, evaluates proposals as a member of technical and/or cost evaluation panels or integrated procurement teams.
- 6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Business administration or related field (BA), desirable
- Combination of education and experience
- Administration (2-5 years), mandatory
- Previous experience in procurement, contract negotiations (2-5 years), mandatory
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions, desirable
- Dependability & reliability
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel, mandatory
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step-by-step approach to breaking down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution, desirable
- Knowledge of financial legislation including tax law, experience with application of the legislation in an international environment., desirable
- Knowledge of Part 200 of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principal and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, any federal statutes and Executive Orders pertinent to Federal grantees. Basic understanding of the difference between procurement/contracting requirements for a federal agency vs a federal grantee, desirable
- Relevant software knowledge, desirable
- Negotiating, desirable
- Czech language (Proficient), mandatory
- English language (Proficient), mandatory
- Broadcast region language (working knowledge oral and written), desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org , including in the subject line the vacancy number as above.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovìdí na tento inzerát èi zasláním Vašeho životopisu a pøípadných dalších osobních materiálù do spoleènosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajù dle zákona è. 101/2000 Sb., o ochranì osobních údaju. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálnì však po dobu 5 let.