If you would like to contribute toward making a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to interesting employee development projects. Our Learning and Development Team is seeking a Prague-based intern for assistance with ongoing projects, preferably during the summer or throughout the whole year. The selected intern would be expected to assist on the projects from 15-20 hours per week. The expected length of the internship is 1-3 months. You will learn about: • the organizational structure and mission of RFE/RL, • the work of Learning and Development team, • the language training program and will take part in its evaluation and preparation for the new academic year, and • how to prepare educational events, lectures and training.
Expected duties may include the following:
- helping with feedback, statistics and analyzing the company language courses,
- reviewing the past academic year of the language courses and preparing for the new academic year,
- learning about HR units’ functions and procedures,
- assisting with RFE/RL internship program, and
- helping with other administrative tasks as assigned.
Minimum requirements are:
- enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing,
- fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory,
- knowledge of Czech and/or Russian is a plus,
- experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.),
- good communication skills and ability to work and engage with employees with a professional attitude,
- ability to multitask and to work in team,
- good organizational skills, and
- interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.