Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Szabad Európa is seeking an experienced Social Media Video Producer. In this position you will be responsible for identifying and producing social media and share-worthy video content and will act as a point of contact on social media video content and discovery. You will produce content by picking up trending video on target language social media and through enterprise discovery of compelling video. You will also be responsible for shooting videos made for social media and for live consumption. The SM Video Producer will produce content – including in live format -- for direct distribution on social platforms. You will also keep the team updated throughout the day on trending topics and other potential stories discovered through social media.
- Produces video content specifically geared for social media use across platforms.
- Shoots content for social media platforms, including Facebook Live.
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
- Mines the web for news leads and develops news stories.
- Works with web-ready news and feature content mixing traditional story-forms with digital and social-centric reporting.
- Keeps social media team and updated throughout the day on trending topics and stories worth exploring.
- Works with target language web editors to promote original RFE/RL content across social media.
- Advises social media editor on planning for social and digital coverage.
- Higher education or certificate in film studies, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 5 plus years working in comparable video production role in a media company.
- Strong news judgment is required.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop) and iMovie.
- Proven ability to communicate and create multimedia products in a style that attracts audiences through social media.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.,
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision. The candidate should have a strong sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- Hungarian, Native level, mandatory
- Proficiency in English language
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.