If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire practical experience. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project.
The Audience & Growth department is seeking a Prague-based or remote intern to assist with daily tasks and special projects related to assessing the digital performance of RFE/RL’s 26 Language Services. The intern will work in a focused and highly pacey work environment in the Audience & Growth department. They will be using various digital analytics tools to assess a wide range of issues on multiple platforms.
The internship will last from 6 to 8 weeks (minimum), but the period can be extended up to a maximum of 6 months. Days per week are flexible and depend on the agreement with the team and the intern’s schedule. However, the intern is expected to dedicate at least 20 hours per week to the internship.
What you will learn:
- the work of the Audience & Growth department
- how to measure, analyze, and archive the key performance data for social media accounts
- how to measure, analyze, and archive the key performance data for websites and apps
- how to deal with the intricacies of collecting data for new and emerging platforms, including Telegram and podcast streaming platforms
- how to make sense of numbers and tell their story by producing analytical reports or visually appealing presentations
Expected duties may include all or some of the following:
- collecting podcast data on multiple streaming platforms
- collecting data on the performance on RFE/RL-owned channels on Telegram
- collecting performance data on various social media platforms
- assisting with organizing, storing, and interpreting data
- interacting with various RFE/RL stakeholders in Prague and RFE/RL bureaus, including journalists and content producers
- suggesting ways to optimize workflows in the Audience & Growth department
- preparing presentations to relay finding to various RFE/RL stakeholders
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- Background and/or experience in social media, journalism, research/statistics, or any related field.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Fluency in other languages from RFE/RL’s broadcast region is an advantage.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.
- Excellent communications and policy skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on an international basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.