The Head of Digital Strategy (HDS) acts on behalf of and reports to the Editor-in-Chief. S/he leads in the development of RFE/RL’s social media strategies and assists Service/departments in its implementation. HDS also leads the overall marketing strategies for social media platforms and leads in strategies for the successful promotion and branding of all digital content and to ensure that RFE/RL’s strategic goals and objectives are advanced and implemented throughout the company. The incumbent provides guidance in the editorial direction of digital content produced on various digital platforms (e.g. including reporting and editing of text, video and graphics for direct distribution on social media platforms, production of websites, layout of pages and creation of microsites). S/he works closely and regularly consults with respective Regional and Service Directors on how to achieve maximum editorial coordination and product development goals with the aim of growing audiences and engagement. The incumbent is expected to lead innovatively in the development of successful digital strategies and production. S/he is responsible for data analysis, follows latest trends in digital media and advises the Editor-in-Chief on integrating them into social media strategies. The Head of Digital Strategy represents RFE/RL in collaborative projects working with outside entities within USIM and represents the News Division views in internal team discussions and meetings (e.g. Pangea team). S/he defines Division priorities and closely cooperates with stakeholders to develop and implement needed changes as approved.
- Develops best digital strategies across all RFE/RL social media platforms; actively seeks to improve content quality and delivery methods.
- Reviews analytic data to identify opportunities and tactics.
- Defines proper targeting segmentation and strategies for marketing campaigns
- Works closely with digital content producers, web and digital teams across RFE/RL to guide and support their work. Helps them to identify and promote engaging original content across social media.
- Advises various stakeholders managing editors, digital editors and web editors during critical breaking news events throughout all phases of production process.
- Directs and oversees coverage and coordinates editorial direction of digital teams.
- Directs and oversees localization of content for RFE/RL’s mobile apps and provide input to mobile development teams.
- Leads and develops look of home and news pages, works closely with graphic designers.
- Ensures that data and social media teams in the News Division are updated as needed on trending topics and story leads.
- Manages content solutions for special news reports, projects and microsites.
- Creates and executes strategies that support innovative ways of marketing content on social media platforms.
- Works closely with journalism training to develop training strategies and programs for new staff and staff in the bureaus as needed.
- Works with IT and the Pangea team on behalf of the News Division, ensuring that appropriate software development for digital products meet highest industry standards.
- Advises Editor-in-Chief, Regional Directors, Standards Editor, Director CN, Service Directors, Managing Editors, Bureau Chiefs, Enterprise Editor and others as needed.
- Higher education or Bachelor degree in communication, journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience.
- 7 years of progressive experience in digital journalism production in a global news organization across multiple geographies, preferably RFE/RL target regions.
- Experience overseeing news editorial planning, writing, editing and production.
- Outstanding understanding of journalistic and editorial processes.
- Strong sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- Excellent communicator.
- Demonstrated history of mentoring and training journalists, an ability to share knowledge, lead and motivate teams.
- Creative thinker: able to generate new ideas/concepts and execute them.
- Proven track record of producing creative, innovative news content for the web.
- Practical working knowledge of digital media technology and command of digital operations and workflow.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic vision and understanding of tactical planning, setting short-term and long-term plans with defined goals, roles, priorities and meeting timelines.
- Knowledge of digital & social media analytics, understanding of KPIs, audience stats, competitive landscape, SEO and HTML.
- Understanding of visual graphics including info graphic as well as video production – is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of RFE/RL geographies, political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs (acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure).
- Excellent writing and exceptional ability to identify content for social/digital media and disseminating it.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, with diverse personalities and teams. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Demonstrated project management and teambuilding skills, with the ability to influence others.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite CC (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop) and iMovie.
- English, native level
- An RFE/RL target language – is desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Detail ...
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovìdí na tento inzerát èi zasláním Vašeho životopisu a pøípadných dalších osobních materiálù do spoleènosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajù dle zákona è. 101/2000 Sb., o ochranì osobních údaju. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálnì však po dobu 5 let.