The Digital Strategy Manager, Video Products develops, executes, and assesses the unique digital strategies of the video products of RFE/RL news services in alignment with RFE/RL’s overarching strategy, the organization’s mission and standards.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Strategy, the Digital Strategy Manager, Video Products applies and advises on the use of tools and tactics – informed by data and ruled by editorial priorities – to increase the number of viewers, their level of engagement, and their propensity to return to RFE/RL as their preferred source of reliable news.
S/he proposes, prototypes, launches, adapts and assesses the services’ video products across platforms, including social media, in collaboration with relevant service directors, editors and other colleagues with the goal of increasing the services’ long-term impact in their communities.
The incumbent actively advances collaboration in and across teams across RFE/RL and work towards raising the efficiency of production, distribution, engagement, and loyalty-building efforts of compelling and revelatory video products across digital channels.
The Digital Strategy Manager, Video Products helps colleagues adapt to changes in their media environments to advance RFE/RL’s mission and meet its high editorial standards.
- Manages relevant off platform video accounts across the organization
- Develops and optimizes paid, earned, and owned digital video strategies
- Assists and mentors journalists to help advance their video products’ impact across digital platforms, including on aggregators, on site, apps, and on social media and via live streaming
- Proposes, prototypes, launches, adapts and assesses processes aimed at reaching and building relationships with audiences in target markets
- Seeks out innovative opportunities (and success metrics) in target markets
- Leads and guides cross-functional project teams to align editorial, technical, analytical, branding, and marketing operations for digital video products
- Reviews and gives feedback on services’ video products and processes
- Monitors the news media industry for innovative approaches to video products, platforms and processes
- In collaboration with the Training Department, plans and executes training on trends in the digital media landscape, tools and best practices
- Coordinates projects to innovate new formats in video storytelling
- Performs other related duties as assigned
University education in journalism or related fields or the equivalent in experience is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in digital journalism, esp. video products
- At least 3 years in product management experience, incl. roadmaps and acting in consensus-facilitating roles
- Familiarity with best practices, rules, and industry regulations and standards around video production
- History of successful handling of progressively challenging assignments
- Proven ability to launch, run, and troubleshoot video news products
- Strong knowledge of news and the news ecosystem
- Strong history of mentoring and training of journalists
- Strong user empathy and understanding of video metrics
- Strong sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail
- Familiarity with RFE/RL mission and journalistic standards
- Proficiency in English
- Other relevant languages, esp. Russian, preferred
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.