If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an interesting project.
Our Legal Department is seeking a Prague-based intern for assistance with ongoing GDPR projects, preferably during the summer or even longer. The selected intern would be expected to assist on the projects from 10-20 hours per week, partly remotely and partly in the office (Prague’s Headquarters).
You will gain:
* better knowledge and understanding of GDPR law and GDPR issues (e.g. consents, contracts).
* a better understanding of interaction between EU legislation and legislation of non-EU countries and operation of a multicultural organization.
Expected duties may include the following:
- helping with the creation of GDPR information page on RFE/RL intranet (e.g. preparation of FAQ, updating various GDPR information or memos for the employees),
- reviewing of GDPR information provided on all RFE/RL websites – updating of wording,
- reviewing and updating the list of third parties and their contracts,
- assisting with translation of various consents to other languages, and
- assisting with inspection of RPA (Records of Processing Activities).
Minimum requirements are:
- University student (in the 3rd grade or higher) or recent graduate– must be currently enrolled and in good standing.
- An educational background in law is welcome.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Czech and/or Russian is a plus.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work and engage with employees with a professional attitude.
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Experience with project management is an advantage.