Reporting to the Director of Market Insight and Evaluation, the Market Data Analyst works with all types of data, has experience managing databases and creating dashboards. S/he should be able to find actionable insights in data and visualize them in order to help RFE/RL language services to improve their performance.
The Market Insight and Evaluation team at RFE/RL performs the following duties: responds to in-house requests for data and analysis, manages collection and distribution of digital metrics; prepares reports, presentations and other analyses and performs other related duties.
This position is temporary and serves as a maternity leave replacement.
- Supports the work of the Director of Market Insight and Evaluation.
- Manages the Market Insight and Evaluation data warehouse and associated reporting tools like dashboards.
- Helps to automate the collection of data required by other members of the Market Insight and Evaluation team for reporting and report writing.
- Coordinates responses to in-house queries on audience research and digital metrics by compiling data and writing short analytical explanations of the results.
- Presents research findings to colleagues inside and outside of RFE/RL at events such as program reviews and editorial meetings.
- Supports the collection and distribution of digital performance measures each month.
- Prepares analytical reports based upon survey data and qualitative research.
- Provides other relevant services to support the work of the Office of the President as necessary.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA – Bachelor’s degree in relevant field like information technology, computer science, or statistics (Mandatory)
- Data analysis 2-3 years (Mandatory)
- Extensive experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R) and a strong understanding of how databases work (Mandatory)
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics and understanding of tracking codes, specifically UTM parameters
- Extensive knowledge of social media tracking tools and REST APIs
- Experience with PowerBI, Tableau or Google Data Studio
- Knowledge of Google BigQuery, GooglePlay/iTunes and Microsoft Azure considered a plus
- Ability to manage a large database of statistical and other information and to extract information from the database for requested reports. (Mandatory)
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications. 4-Very Good (Mandatory)
- Familiarity with the latest research methodologies and technological advances, as they pertain to quantitative and qualitative research projects and good working knowledge of statistics, survey sampling and audience research analytical concepts.
- Presentation skills
- Program evaluation
- Relevant software knowledge 3-Good (Mandatory)
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
- Russian language is an advantage, but not mandatory
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the law (no. 101/2000 Sb. regarding personal data protection). This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle zákona č. 101/2000 Sb., o ochraně osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy notice for applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to regulations imposed on RFE/RL in order to finance its operations and due to contractual arrangements between RFE/RL and USAGM set up in its Grant Agreement, RFE/RL must ensure that every candidate, who enters into the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL undergoes a pre-employment check from public sources and a background security investigation/check after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter.
With respect to the above, all applicants are informed that:
• RFE/RL may use information from public sources during its selection process to perform one-time pre-employment checks which are conducted by RFE/RL; personal data (mainly name, surname, address, date of birth, personal identification number, telephone number, e-mail address ) will be collected and processed by RFE/RL for a maximum period of one year.
• Employment at RFE/RL is contingent upon the successful completion of a background security investigation/check performed after the acceptance of RFE/RL´s offer letter. Information about the collection and processing of personal data in this matter will be provided together with the offer letter.