The Chief Information Officer (CIO) provides strategic leadership and oversight of RFE/RL’s IT and network infrastructure, applications, and security. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the CIO works collaboratively to develop, plan, and implement a corporate IT strategy that meets RFE/RL’s enterprise goals and business needs, delivering optimal return on investment, and maintaining utmost security. The incumbent is responsible for managing and monitoring strategic IT resources and ensuring IT investment decisions support business needs, are transparent and risk-based, that projects stay on track, and that sound procurement strategies are employed to ensure best value. As such, the CIO must have strong business acumen, outstanding communication skills, strategic planning skills and knowledge of the organization's internal operations and technology initiatives. As a driver of organizational change and transformation, the CIO strives to innovate, collaborate, optimize resources and budgets, and motivate staff.
The CIO works continually to improve and mature enterprise IT governance, ensuring the adoption and implementation of policies, procedures, programs, and project plans. The CIO plays an integral role in implementing required risk management, cybersecurity, and privacy frameworks. They work consistently to instill a culture of security across technology departments of the Operations Division.
The CIO also strives towards building a service-oriented approach, aligning goals to improve efficiency and performance, with clearly defined processes and ownership, clarity on roles and responsibilities, and support of knowledge sharing. They work with subordinates on technology roadmaps and ensures that there is project management in place with a clear scope to drive roadmap initiatives.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is only open to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic.
- Champions and leads subordinate departments to become a quality-driven and service-oriented teams that are able to sustain the company’s critical mission objectives and providing excellent customer service.
- Plans work to be accomplished by department directors under his/her supervision, sets broad goals and milestones, and approves short- and long-range schedules for completion of work.
- Plans, deploys, leverages, and maintains corporate IT systems and operations.
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing, evaluating, improving, and upgrading IT management and architecture to promote overall effectiveness and efficiency of RFE/RL’s corporate systems and infrastructure.
- Supports enterprise IT governance, including implementation of new investments within the technology infrastructure.
- Working closely with the Head of Operations, plays a lead organizational role in enterprise risk management.
- Responsible for business continuity planning and disaster recovery of corporate systems.
- Stays up to date on IT trends and emerging technologies.
- Gathers customer/client feedback to develop insights that lead to the improvement of IT services.
Strategic Resource Management:
- Leads the development, coordination, and implementation of enterprise IT strategic plans and resource planning to ensure that RFE/RL remains a reliable and nimble operation. This includes evaluating effectiveness, economy, and customer service, and developing methods for continual improvement to include making major decisions on what programs and projects will be initiated or curtailed, the amount of resources to be devoted to a particular program, and changes to be made to existing programs.
- Works with subordinates in establishing proposed annual IT initiatives and budgets based RFE/RL’s Strategic Operating Plan and in consultation with the Head of Operations.
- Works collaboratively and consultatively with subordinates and stakeholders to plan multi-year corporate IT resource requirements, determining the best approach or solution for resolving budget issues; and planning for long-range staffing needs.
- Ensures IT strategies and processes support company-wide goals.
- Ensures appropriate due diligence and budgetary oversight of IT infrastructure investments and procurements.
- Analyzes complex business requirements and makes recommendations for technical solutions, ensuring that these solutions are aligned with the overall business vision, mission, and direction.
- Develops IT goals, programs, and priorities by analyzing available and emerging technology and resource requirements and develops approaches that will best support the corporate IT goals of RFE/RL.
- Analyzes and effects the optimum mix of operating costs while assuring overall IT program effectiveness, including introducing new systems, procedures, hardware, and software, and operating methodologies.
- Ensures that relevant policies are both developed and implemented and leads the execution of program management for information systems. Direct responsibility for overseeing processes that relate specifically to directives levied on RFE/RL by USAGM and NIST SP 800-53 as the Pangea CMS is determined to be a US federal information system that must be FISMA compliant. These are linked to RFE/RL’s enterprise architecture and capital planning investment controls.
- Plays a lead role in the maintenance of knowledge and furthering of knowledge sharing, coordinating the implementation of best practices and the adoption of suitable trends.
- Works with technology leads to ensure they build and document security across all platforms.
- Proactively protects against cyber threats and responding effectively to detected cyberattacks.
- Works closely with the Director of IT Security to build a culture of security and to develop and enforce security best practices across the organization.
- Explains to senior management the benefits and risks of new IT-related projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in administration of information systems and technology, with increasing level of responsibility, in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a comprehensive Information Technology (IT) program for a public, private or non-governmental organization. Experience in the development, implementation, and management of IT policies, programs, services, products and resources in accordance with applicable policy and procedures, government regulations, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging technology solutions to improve business processes, performance, and cost effectiveness of IT activities.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and maintaining comprehensive and effective cyber security and risk management programs to protect information and IT assets. Experience in developing and administering IT policies and guidance that comply with applicable statutory and policy requirements (e.g., cyber security, emergency preparedness and recovery, privacy, records management, asset management).
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus.
- Experience with a wide variety of productivity tools and business software and a proven track record of creative solution delivery on business needs.
- Deep understanding of telecommunications and vast experience in disaster recovery planning and implementation as well as data storage solutions.
- Experience with practical know-how on implementing and operating Enterprise Financial and HR Applications (CRM) to fulfill company compliance and financial account requirements.
- Experience with M365, Azure AD, Windows platforms and features, to support appropriate asset, configuration and lifecycle requirements, including overall software license and cost management.
- Hands-on expertise supporting and championing the use of MS collaboration applications (Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive, and other collaboration solutions).
- Thorough understanding and practical application experience of ITIL service management processes to add value and performance to RFE/RL's technical and operational support functions.
- Must be able to monitor and understand technology trends and tap the knowledge of technology experts.
- Proficiency in establishing IT services framework and IT security policies.
- Project management skills;
- Budget management skills
- Ability to establish partnerships with service providers and vendors.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior leadership skills, having an ability to influence a cross-functional group towards a unified direction, and having an ability to influence senior management.
- Relationship building and team development skills
- Thorough understanding of data management and administration
- Skilled at strategic planning and goal-setting
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills.
- A highly analytical mindset with superb problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative, working well across teams, sharing information and clearly communicating division of labor, action items, roles, and responsibilities for each project.
- Must be able to coach and mentor staff, inspiring trust and confidence in others and enabling them to easily trust in his/her insights and judgments and readily follow his/her directives.
- In-depth knowledge of data administration and management processes.
- Good understanding of modern databases and information system technologies.
- Deep understanding of business processes and the integration of technological processes
- Ability to work well across teams as well as with senior management
- Creates collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, takes initiative, going beyond the call of duty
- Calm under pressure, ability to lead through times of change, adversity, and uncertainty.
Highly desirable attributes include:
Other useful skills and expertise include the following:
- legal expertise
- corporate finance
- data management
- vendor and partner management
- project management
• English, and Czech, if possible
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.