The IT Infrastructure Manager will have responsibility for the operation and improvement of RFE/RL’s IT infrastructure, incl. architectural design, delivery, daily operations, governance and ensuring the security and availability of company applications, systems, services, and infrastructure. A key aspect of this role is the ability lead and improve RFE/RL's process automation and quality.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, security and support of IT systems that fulfil the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations, and IT service support.
- Maintain currency on new technologies and platforms and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced to ensure IT capabilities respond to business needs.
- Maintain, improve and automate processes, focusing on key performance metrics, policy and procedures governance to optimize business operations and service quality.
- Lead, manage and motivate RFE/RL's Systems Admins team to develop and automate IT infrastructure platforms to meet company technology and process requirements.
- Drive implementation, enhancement and automation of RFE/RL ITIL Request Fulfillment, Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management and Security Incident Management processes towards continuous improvement.
- Act as as a leader in response to critical IT infrastructure and systems outages ensuring RFE/RL 24x7x365 operations to meet mission objectives.
- Manage planning activities, including road-mapping, release planning, and development of documented solution visions and roadmap.
- Develop and manage required IT configuration management documentation IT infrastructure platforms, and strategic technology projects, acting to coordinate with company stakeholders, building necessary business cases, training and awareness activities and becoming a champion of innovative standard IT technology solutions that meet company requirements.
- Develop your position and career to be an RFE/RL technology leader, providing integrated security throughout IT infrastructure and systems, performing above and beyond assign duties to support RFE/RL mission.
- Preferably a university degree in information technology.
- Alternatively, secondary technical education backed-up with relevant work experience.
- Persistent motivated problem solver.
- Leadership and technology innovation skills in an international work environment.
- Technical know-how and pragmatic architecture design and implementation abilities in complex company environments
- Strong management capabilities and team leadership qualities
- Successful experienced track record for management of technical teams
Technical Skills & Expertise:
- Enterprise Technology Architecture mindset and vision
- Large scale Office 365/Azure AD expertise for international organization
- Virtualization and Orchestration known-how
- SharePoint and Collaboration Workplace software management
- Identity Access Management (IAM)/Privilege Access Management (PAM)
- ITIL process implementation and automation
- Integrated security in depth philosophy
- Automation and devops strategic technology approach
- Additional technologies such as DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, PKI, etc.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.