We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to join our Pangea Digital team. We work together on Pangea CMS – A content management system used by journalists all around the world (see more at http://www.pangea-cms.com / Pangea CMS FB page). We also design and develop frontend websites, microsites, OTT and mobile applications.
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with front-end development
• Strong knowledge of programming (OOCSS) in general
• Advanced knowledge of developing web applications in JS/TS/CSS/React.js. or other front-end technologies
• Advanced knowledge HTML, jQuery, GIT
• Understanding the principals of atomic design
• Leader skills
• English language
• Willingness to learn new things and desire for professional growth
WOULD BE GOOD IF YOU KNOW OR HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH
• Jira, Bitbucket, AJAX
• Maintaining the entire front-end code, maintaining and developing web applications
• Code reviews / Bug fixing / Applying advanced refactoring techniques
• Leading and mentoring a small front-end development team (employees and contractors)
• Ensuring knowledge sharing amongst the team members
• Work on content management system (CMS) for journalists who make difference in the world
• Work in multi-national environment
• Work for international clients (our system runs more than 100 websites in more than 50 languages of Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty, Voce of America, Office of Cuba Broadcasting and Middle East Broadcasting Networks)
• In-house and off-site trainings (languages, technical
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.