IT Project Manager (IT Operations)
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is only open to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic.
How to apply:
If you are both qualified and interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter – in English only. The cover letter should indicate what your salary expectations are for this position. Please give a monthly gross salary range in Czech crowns.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates to be interviewed will be personally contacted and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
What we do in IT Department
We are a team of precise and reliable IT specialists who provide the information technology required to fulfil RFE/RL mission. Our main goal is to manage 200+ servers and a wide range of services to deliver desired user experience for 780+ users (1200+ computers) in our headquarters in Prague but from time to time we also help our colleagues in Washington D.C. and other 25 countries. After all, our work is not just about technology - we help people do their jobs.
We are seeking a well-organized IT Project Manager with analytical thinking skills who would help us to manage the IT projects and initiatives we do for the RFE/RL internal customers. You’ll work closely with IT managers and IT teams (User, System, Business Apps and Bureau) and also with other company stakeholders.
What we can offer
· A unique, multinational employer with a great history and presence in providing accurate and reliable news and information to domestic audiences in the local languages (www.rferl.org),
· Competitive salary,
· Good benefits package: Vacation - 25 days, Sick Leave (13 workdays of paid sick leave per year), Holidays (a corporate holiday schedule with holidays added to Czech statutory holidays), Multisport card, , Medical Care on Premises, Public Transportation Pass, Meal Allowance, Summer Allowance, Retirement Savings Program, Language Courses, Life Insurance,
· Training and development opportunities – both internal and external,
· Friendly team, positive workplace culture and partner leadership style,
· Permanent employment (after one-year contract).
Project Management (70 %)
· Deliver projects on time and on schedule
· Establish timelines and manage resources
· Coordinate project team members and develop schedules and individual responsibilities
· Identify/assign internal resources and external vendors
· Develop and monitor project budgets for project resources, presentations, and initiatives
· Organize meetings to discuss project goals and progress
· Manage communication process among key stakeholders
Process Management (30 %)
· Map and analyze processes
· Document process changes/updates
· Support IT team to understand and utilize existing and updated processes
· Work with other stakeholders to coordinate cross-functionally
· Regularly review processes for updates, improvements, and enhancements
· Help ensure adherence to process/policy using reporting and validation
· Information technology or related field BA - Bachelor degree
· Experience in the relevant technical discipline 3-5 years
· Project Management 3-5 years
· Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously
· Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step/by step approach to breaking down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution
· Communication skills; written and verbal
· Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal project management methodologies
· Organization & planning skills at a managerial level
· Presentation skills
· Relevant software knowledge
· Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients
· English language
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Job Applicants
RFE/RL, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation funded by a grant from the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). Due to RFE/RL’s special character, the countries in which RFE/RL operates, and the type of work RFE/RL performs, it is RFE/RL's obligation to verify the accuracy of information provided by each applicant in order to ensure the safety and security of our employees and workplace. RFE/RL must ensure that everybody who advances to the final stage of the selection process for a position at RFE/RL and who wishes to enter into an employment relationship with RFE/RL must undergo pre-employment background check.
With respect to the above, RFE/RL informs you, as an applicant, that your employment at RFE/RL is contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment check.
Therefore after your acceptance of RFE/RL‘s offer letter, you will be subject of pre-employment check (performed by external Czech entity). Detailed information about collection and processing of your personal data in this matter will be provided to you together with the offer letter.
Privacy Notice for RFE/RL Internship or Fellowship Applicants
The process described above largely applies to applicants for internships and fellowships as well – simply replace the word “employment” with “internship” or “fellowship” as applicable.