If you wish to make a difference in places where free media is under threat or does not exist, RFE/RL offers eligible, qualified students the opportunity to engage with professionals and to learn more about our mission. In doing so, you would acquire direct, practical experience with the support of a mentor. Internships are a competitive process and are unpaid. We offer skills development and an opportunity to contribute to an exciting media project. Our Radio Farda’s Music Team is seeking a Prague-based intern for assistance with audio editing, creating radio promos and playlist management. The intern will be assisting with updating and organizing the music archive, creating audience-based material for transition and helping with scheduling and mixing music playlists. The internship will last for 7 weeks. Days per week are flexible and depend on the agreement with the mentor and the students’ schedule.
You will learn:
- about the work of the Radio Farda’s Music Team,
- about audio editing and playlist management,
- how to prepare music and vocals for radio production and create radio promos and transitions,
- how to write creative pieces for the radio,
- about copyright and licensing for music production.
Minimum requirements are:
- Enrolled university student or recent graduate – must be in good standing.
- An educational background and/or experience in media, arts or related fields.
- Fluent Farsi and English.
- Knowledge of Iranian music market.
- Experience with audio editing software (e.g. Audicity, Adobe Audition etc.).
- Experience in creative writing for podcasting is an advantage.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and to work in team.
- Interest and awareness in news and current affairs from RFE/RL’s broadcast regions.