Reporting to IT Bureau Manager in Prague and coordinating IT activities with the Bureau Chief/Service Director, he/she performs a variety of tasks associated with maintenance of the bureau IT technology, network and multimedia equipment, including its day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrades, user support, servers and multimedia data backups. He/she co-operates with other Technology division team members, as needed.
- Provides full IT support to the Language Service, and other RFE/RL news department present in the given country, and is familiar with their content. The support may include overtime, late shift work, broadcast technology support, and discussing/agreeing on dialy priorities between News and Technology, as well as coordinating on potential security risks.
- Treats the Bureau Chief and staff as their primary customer, discusses priorities with them, and ensures they receive the highest level of support possible within the constrains of available budget and technical standards. Within a dotted line to Bureau Chief, informs him/her about his vacations, sick leaves, etc. to ensure an adequate support is provided.
- Performs and supervises the daily activities of the Bureau IT systems and ensures their accomplishing in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Performs and oversees installing, testing, operating and maintaining new hardware and software in the Bureau, supports desktop computers, NLE’s (Non-Linear Editors) such as digital audio & video workstations, laptop computers, printers, monitors and other general peripherals.
- Deploys, integrates, maintains, and secures Windows, Macintosh, Cisco switches, routers, wireless controllers and media players; deploys software and manages PCs policies. Gives support, as required, with the introduction and installation of new software and technology in the bureau.
- Performs local User Support/Help Desk functions, records and responds to requests for help and provides technical solutions to desktop computer users.
- Provides basic training to journalists in equipment use and computer and software use, as required.
- Makes sure the Prague TOC (Technical Operations Center) is informed of the operational status of the bureau on a regular basis, reports technical deficiencies and problems in a timely manner, and suggests the speediest and most cost-effective solutions.
- Adheres to and complies with all technology standards, policies, and regulations as outlined by Technical Management in Prague. In addition, complies with local regulations and codes concerning workplace safety and technical/electrical installations.
- Assists in developing and ensuring successful implementation and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and all safety regulations, and uses Industry Best Practices when performing duties and tasks assigned.
- Cooperates closely with the Bureau Administrator and Prague-based supervisor in terms of issuing requisitions for technology and multimedia equipment and ongoing technical operations maintenance.
- Maintains awareness of the local broadcast sound environment.
- Strengthens familiarity with new radio editing equipment and audio and video editing software such as Adobe CC, vMix, etc.
- Performs other related duties, incl. supporting and operating any other technology used in the bureau (internet, ups, vpn, nas, etc.), as assigned.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
C. Basic Qualifications
- Secondary, ideally a university degree in a relevant technology area;
- Certification of formal education and/or proof of equivalent professional experience.
- Speaking, reading, and writing ability in English in addition to a broadcast language, Russian language ability, when relevant.
- At least three years in a similar technical position;
- Knowledge and experience managing and supporting Active Directory, Office 365, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Office;
- Experience with multiple operating systems, including Windows 7/10, IOS, and Android;
- Must possess complete technical comprehension of server and desktop operating systems, network architectures and protocols;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set up administrative systems.
- High degree of technical knowledge and overview over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines.
- Skill set and experience to be able to maintain IT systems (hardware, software, network);
- Knowledge of power systems, including UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supplies) and backup power generation equipment is a plus;
- Konwledge/experience in broadcasting/multimedia engineering & production is a plus;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- English language, working knowledge.
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.
By replying to this advertisement or sending your CV and/or other personal data to RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of the HR department of the company for possible future reference in full accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR and Act No 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing. This agreement may only be withdrawn by a written revocation and remains valid until that date. However no longer than 5 years.
Odpovědí na tento inzerát či zasláním Vašeho životopisu a případných dalších osobních materiálů do společnosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajů dle Nařízení Evropského parlamentu a Rady (EU) 2016/679 ze dne 27. dubna 2016 o ochraně fyzických osob v souvislosti se zpracováním osobních údajů a o volném pohybu těchto údajů a o zrušení směrnice 95/46/ES (obecné nařízení o ochraně osobních údajů), dále jen GDPR a zákona č. 110/2019 Sb., o zpracování osobních údajů. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálně však po dobu 5 let.